Design Consultant/Retail Sales - Cincinnati, OH
For almost 50 years, Watson’s of Cincinnati has been the leading supplier of Home & Recreational products to the Mid-West area. We have indoor and outdoor showroom featuring year round displays of pools, hot tubs, casual outdoor furniture, living room & home theater furniture, billiard tables & game room furniture, grills, fireplaces and much more! Watson’s is a trusted name and iconic brand in our business and attracts a large volume of foot traffic to our showrooms that includes many loyal repeat customers.
We recently more than doubled our retail showroom in Sharonville and we are currently seeking full-time and part-time Design Consultants to join our team. We have a proven track record of success with many types of people from many backgrounds, education and experience levels. Over 50% of our sales staff have been with us for over 15 years.
At Watson’s, our Design Consultants/Sales Associates generate more personal income than any other furniture retailer in our area. Our generous compensation plan gives you a great opportunity to maximize your income. Each newly hired Design Consultant/Sales Associate will receive 90 days of training compensation in addition to earned commissions. The average first year income is over $45,000, and our top performers earn in excess of $100,000 annually. There is no cap on commissions, so there are no income limitations.
- Responsible for maximizing sales through assisting customers in the selection, purchase and delivery of merchandise while providing a warm and friendly customer service.
- The ideal person will have the ability to read each customer’s needs and match their requirements to the benefits of our merchandise.
- Provide design expertise, execute space planning for indoor and outdoor projects, and communicate design concepts and product selections.
- Educate and qualify customers on Watson’s products and services.
- Ensure fiscal goals and quotas are achieved.
- Own all phases of the customer experience from initial meeting through delivery and post-sale follow-up. Keep customers updated regularly on orders or any status changes.
- Represent the Watson’s lifestyle brand through communication, personal appearance and professionalism.
- Assist with maintaining store displays and merchandising the showroom.
What we are looking for…
- Strong motivation to be competitive, challenged and meet personal and company sales goals.
- Be energetic and persistent.
- Outgoing personality and ability to speak with brand new customers daily.
- Long term CAREER minded REQUIRED.
- Energy and work ethic to do what it takes to succeed.
- Focused on following a proven sales track, qualify customers, overcoming objections and closing sales.
- Skills to provide extraordinary follow-up (phone, email, text and hand written thank you notes).
- Display a professional demeanor and positive attitude at all times.
- Be able to utilize our point of sale system to enter order and keep customers updated on their order status.
- Ability to work retail hours, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to stand and to move freely on the showroom floor for an extended time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
We have a complete benefit package including: Medical and Dental Plans, 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Generous Product Discounts, Opportunities to Advance, Recognition Programs, and much more.
Our culture promotes a high energy, low stress and fun environment. If you share our passion for design and excellence, and Watson’s sounds like the type of environment in which you would flourish, we invite you to apply online for consideration.
Don't see what you're looking for?
We’re always accepting resumés for the following positions:
- Customer Service
If you're interested in a position at any of our locations, send your resumé to email@example.com.