E-mail to a Friend
Stardance Gas Stove - Direct Vent | Vermont Castings
Our most popular direct vent stove showcases Vermont Castings’ signature cast iron craftsmanship, plus it features SIT Total System Control, allowing you to monitor and control your stove’s heating performance with ease. The impeccably smooth finish of each Vermont Castings gas stove is a credit to the sophisticated manufacturing process unique to Vermont Castings. As the only manufacturer in North America with both the foundry and enameling under one roof, we can ensure that the casting and enameling are of the utmost quality. Add Vermont Castings beauty and quality to your home with a classic direct vent stove. Engineered with cast-iron strength and built to perform the way every Vermont Castings stove performs . . . beautifully.
- SIT Total System Control
- Controls at your fingertips — Adjust both fan and flame levels with one convenient handheld remote. The Total System Control module also offers thermal shutdown and a childproof lock.
- Variable Speed Fan
- Maintain even, precise temperatures — The stove’s blower fan offers three speed settings to help you evenly distribute hot air throughout your room.
- Increased Efficiency
- Maximize savings — Our most efficient direct vent stove delivers quality home heating while saving you money on fuel costs.
- Proudly Made In Vermont
- Signature Vermont Castings style — The tradition of quality cast iron lives on in these direct vent gas stoves, which feature the unique detailing and solid construction that Vermont Castings is known for.
- Reduced Clearances
- Flexible installation options — These direct vent gas stoves offer simple venting options that require less clearance, so they are perfect for smaller spaces.
- Operable Front Doors
- Open-door viewing — Simply swing open the two front doors for an unobstructed look at the Stardance® stove’s realistic gas flames.
Why Vermont Castings?
100% recycled iron and reused raw materials, like automotive brake drums and rotors, are used to make our wood burning stoves. Even leftover iron scraps from completed models are reused to minimize waste!
Our casting process uses environmentally friendly natural sand and clay to bond the molds for our stoves together rather than an artificial polymer. We use it again and again to help save resources.
Our plant runs on 60% hydro power—a renewable and clean resource—and 40% nuclear power, which is also a clean resource.
We even work in partnership with Efficiency Vermont to install highly-efficient lights and motors. We changed all our light bulbs at both the foundry and the plant to T5 fluorescents!
Our wood burning stoves lead the industry in efficiency to help reduce fuel costs.
Plus, no wood stove manufacturer can match Vermont Castings’ history of consistently exceeding the EPA’s standards for emissions.
Proudly Made in the USA
Each Vermont Castings product is produced with precision, attention to detail and a deep-rooted pride in our heritage and craft. In fact, our Vermont foundry is like a family and many of us have been here as long as Vermont Castings has been around.
Whether it’s a stove, fireplace or grill, Vermont Castings offers a line of products that has not only passed the rigorous testing of our labs and governing industry standards – but also the test of time. The cast iron construction and attention to detail each product receives ensure that your Vermont Castings will provide continuous optimum performance for many years to come.
Ensuring that today’s newest technologies and environmental concerns are addressed in the design and function of each of our products is an important focus for us. Our engineers and other specialist technicians work hard to develop industry-leading technologies that make Vermont Castings one of the most advanced lines of hearth appliances available.
Our cast iron comes from 100% recycled materials. Our foundry runs on renewable and clean energy sources and even the clay and sand we use to bond our molds together are natural and eco-friendly. Plus, our finished products are designed to save energy and money with highly efficient operation and clean-burning performance.
FlexBurn™ Combustion System
VERMONT CASTINGS EXCLUSIVE! More flexibility with two ways to heat — Converts from catalytic to non-catalytic operation in less than one minute!
Made green — Our stoves are made from 100% recycled materials, and production processes use renewable energy.
High Efficiency Operation
Save money while heating your home — More heat from less wood means savings of up to $300 or more during an average New England winter and up to $1,400 in fuel costs.* *When used in catalytic mode over 5 years.
Top Load Design
Enjoy longer burn times — Fills to nearly 100% of its capacity so you don’t have to load as often.
VERMONT CASTINGS EXCLUSIVE! Easy to clean and maintain — Easy access to the catalyst and combustion chamber without the use of any tools.
Thermostatic Air Control
VERMONT CASTINGS EXCLUSIVE! In Non-Catalytic Mode — Your stove won’t overwork and you’ll enjoy longer, more even burn temperatures in catalytic and (for the first time) in non-catalytic mode!
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Guaranteed to last — Vermont Castings boasts the most comprehensive warranty in the industry with a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all castings, combustion systems and door glass.
The traditional beauty of hand-crafted cast iron is our passion. We’re committed to delivering a beautiful product that you can proudly showcase in your home.
|SKU||Stardance Cast Iron Direct Vent Gas Stove|
|Dimensions||25-1/2"W x 26-3/4"H x 14-1/2"D|
|BTUs||Max BTU's/H: 20,000–28,000|
Control modulates the fan and flame with one hand held remote. The TSC hand held remote features LED backlighting, temperature display, ON indicator, low battery indicator, thermal shutdown and childproof lock.
• All cast iron pre-assembled construction; ceramic glass front
• Direct Vent
• FireCast Ceramic burner
• BTUs: Up to 28000
• Natural gas models include LP conversion kit
• Standing pilot ignition, requires no electricity
• Can be vented through-the wall or through-the-roof
• Operable front doors
• No additional fan required
• Three level modulation of flame and fan
• Fan system has ON/OFF timed delay for the most efficient heat output
• In thermostat mode the system shuts off once desired temperature is met, for maximum efficiency
• Warming shelves
• Variable speed, heat-activated fan kit for standard models
• Screen front for use with operable front doors