E-mail to a Friend
Dutchwest Small Catalytic Stove-2460 | Vermont Castings
These DutchWest wood stoves offer classic, cast iron styling in a super-efficient, catalytic format. With three sizes to choose from, you're sure to find what you need to heat your home. Log Size: Up to 19"
- Convection System
- Great circulation — By keeping hot air moving, these catalytic stoves are a super-efficient way to heat your room.
- Overfire Airwash
- Grime-free glass — The stove circulates air across its front glass panel to keep it clear of soot and ash for a clear view of the fire at all times.
- Raised Griddle
- Stovetop satisfaction — A dedicated griddle area on top of the stove gives you a new way to cook some of your favorite meals.
- Clean Burning
- The efficiency you need — EPA certified emissions as low as 1.1 g/hr make these catalytic stoves some of the cleanest wood-burning models available.
What is a catalytic format?
- Known in wood stoves as "Cat" for short, the Catalytic combustion process uses a honeycombed ceramic chamber coated with a metal catalyst to increase the rate of combustion and lower the burning temperature of the wood. Vermont Castings makes catalytic wood stoves wit the highest EPA ratings in the industry.
Why Vermont Castings?
100% recycled iron and reused raw materials, like automotive brake drums and rotors, are used to make our wood burning stoves. Even leftover iron scraps from completed models are reused to minimize waste!
Our casting process uses environmentally friendly natural sand and clay to bond the molds for our stoves together rather than an artificial polymer. We use it again and again to help save resources.
Our plant runs on 60% hydro power—a renewable and clean resource—and 40% nuclear power, which is also a clean resource.
We even work in partnership with Efficiency Vermont to install highly-efficient lights and motors. We changed all our light bulbs at both the foundry and the plant to T5 fluorescents!
Our wood burning stoves lead the industry in efficiency to help reduce fuel costs.
Plus, no wood stove manufacturer can match Vermont Castings’ history of consistently exceeding the EPA’s standards for emissions.
Proudly Made in the USA
Each Vermont Castings product is produced with precision, attention to detail and a deep-rooted pride in our heritage and craft. In fact, our Vermont foundry is like a family and many of us have been here as long as Vermont Castings has been around.
Whether it’s a stove, fireplace or grill, Vermont Castings offers a line of products that has not only passed the rigorous testing of our labs and governing industry standards – but also the test of time. The cast iron construction and attention to detail each product receives ensure that your Vermont Castings will provide continuous optimum performance for many years to come.
Ensuring that today’s newest technologies and environmental concerns are addressed in the design and function of each of our products is an important focus for us. Our engineers and other specialist technicians work hard to develop industry-leading technologies that make Vermont Castings one of the most advanced lines of hearth appliances available.
Our cast iron comes from 100% recycled materials. Our foundry runs on renewable and clean energy sources and even the clay and sand we use to bond our molds together are natural and eco-friendly. Plus, our finished products are designed to save energy and money with highly efficient operation and clean-burning performance.
|Dimensions||22" W x 29-3/4"H x 16"D|
|BTUs||Up to 35,000/hr|
|Thermal Efficiency||Rating: 70%|
|Heating Capacity||Up to 1,400 sq. ft.|